Ultram is brand name of the generic drug tramadol and is prescribed to adult patients who have moderate-to-severe chronic pain. It is a man-made synthetic pain reliever prescribed to patients who have chronic moderate-to-severe pain and need pain relievers around the clock. Ultram is made with the latest technology Smartcoat which means the medication is slowly and steadily released in the body throughout the day. So you have to take the tablet only once in 24 hours to manage your pain symptoms. This narcotic pain reliever works more or less like morphine by affecting the central nervous system. It blocks the receptors of pain and weakens the nervous signals, thus the brain feels that there is no pain in the body.
Ultram 50 mg is available in a tablet form as an immediate-release and Ultram 100 mg, 200 mg, and 300 mg is available as extended-release. Ultram 50 mg is given to patients who have mild-to-moderate pain and the extended release tablets are given to patients who have severe continuous pain symptoms and need pain relievers all 24-hours.
Important Facts and Information about Ultram:
* Avoid taking Ultram if you have allergy to tramadol.
* Ultram may worsen the function of central nervous system and respiratory depression, so avoid Ultram in any situations where opioids are not recommended like intoxication with alcohol, narcotics, sedatives, tranquilizers, hypnotics, or psychotropic drugs.
* The risk of seizures increases in patients who are already taking anti-depressants, muscle relaxers, or other opioids. Patients who already have a history of seizure in the past or have a family history, head injury or metabolic disorder must avoid Ultram.
* An overdose of Ultram may prove to be fatal so take the dose as recommended by doctor only.
* People who have suicidal tendency or history of addiction must also not take Ultram.
* Ultram is habit-forming so you must take only if prescribed by your doctor.
* Do not change your dose or alter your dose. Consult your doctor if you miss a dose and do not withdraw this drug as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
* Ultram must not be given to patients under 16-years of age.
Safety precautions you must take with Ultram:
* Ultram tablet is for oral use only and must be swallowed as a whole. Do not crush, chew or split the tablet. The powder must not be inhaled or taken in diluted form or injected in the body otherwise it will lead to life-threatening side-effects and even death.
* Pregnant women must stay away from this drug.
* Nursing mothers must not take this tablet.
* Store it in a cool place out of reach of children.
* Ultram hampers and impairs your mental ability so do not do tasks that require concentration like driving or other skilled operations.
You can even purchase cheap Ultram online without doctor's prescription for mild-to-moderate pain condition like arthritic pains or pain in joints. But, before buying cheap Ultram you must consult your doctor and inform your doctor if you have medical condition like:
* History of epilepsy or seizure disorder.
* If you are on dialysis or have any other kidney or liver disorder.
* If you have a stomach disorder.
* If you have history of depression or other mental illness.
* If you are taking any other drugs for heart disease like cardiovascular disorder, palpitation, hypertension, or arrhythmias.
You must understand the risks and benefits of this drug as just like other drugs Ultram also has side effects. The side effects may vary from person to person and some are temporary and may wade off.
Common possible side effects of Ultram are:
* Blurred vision
* Speech disorder.
* Nausea or vomiting.
* Migraine headaches
* Dryness of mouth.
* Chills and fevers.
The side effects of Ultram may vary in intensity and you may experience one or two side effects or a combination of some temporarily. But if you have persistent fast heartbeat, tingling and numbness in the hands or feet, palpitation, convulsions, urination, restlessness, hallucination, overactive reflexes, loss of coordination in movements, gastrointestinal bleeding, liver failure, then you must seek Emergency Help.
You can buy Ultram from over-the-counter or buy cheap Ultram online but best is to inform your doctor and take this drug under doctor's supervision only. No matter what the side effects, Ultram has proven to be the ultimate drug for treating osteoarthritis and the benefits outweighs the risks.